The building of Riga municipality in 8 Cesu Street, was originally designed as a tenement house. Its construction was completed in 1910. However, during more than 100 years of its history, it served different masters and was used for various purposes, and at one point even the Riga 9th Evening (shift) Secondary School was located here.
During the long years of operation, the facade of the building deteriorated considerably, and in 2016 it was time to restore it. Decorative elements of the facade suffered the most, so some of these had to be restored completely. It was also necessary to repair the attic floor and perform partial repair of the roof.
At the request of the Property Department of the Riga City Council, the works started in June 2016. They were completed by AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators” under the project of architect Dace Baidekalne. The work was completed in October 2016. (Now the building is used as a tenement house, in which various enterprises and offices are located.)