Latvian Fire Fighting Museum Facade Has Been Restored

Fire Fighting Museum in the Night CROP

The historic masonry restoration and facade renovation works in the building of State Fire and Rescue Service of Latvia, where Latvian Fire Fighting Museum is also located, were completed in October 2016. Masonry restoration of this object lasted five months, and it was carried out by AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators” by request of the Riga City …

Continue reading

Restoration of the Facade in Riga, 8 Cesu Street

House in Riga, 8 Cesu Street, After the Facade Restoration, Carried Out by AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators” in 2016 (2016).

The building of Riga municipality in 8 Cesu Street, was originally designed as a tenement house. Its construction was completed in 1910. However, during more than 100 years of its history, it served different masters and was used for various purposes, and at one point even the Riga 9th Evening (shift) Secondary School was located …

Continue reading

Another Facade at Dome Square’s Renewed

17 Šķūņu Street Restored Facade 009

Masters of the enterprise AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators” completed restoration of the house on 17 Šķūņu Street in October 2016. This residential building, located in the very heart of Old Riga (Dome Square), was built in 1787. Significantly, this house is a historic architectural monument, which is under the Latvian state protection. (Šķūņu Street 17th house before …

Continue reading

VEF Facade Regained its Initial Gloss

VEF Frontal Facade after Restoration 002

Almost after a year of restoration works and 117 years since the moment of construction of the building, the facade of the world famous factory “VEF” regained its original historical appearance. The large-scale facade renovation works have been carried out in this building of eclectic style, which was built in 1899. These works have been …

Continue reading

Restoration Has Changed the Aura of the Teter’s House

Tetera nams | Stūra māja

Teter’s House, also known as Corner House (former building of KGB in Latvia), is located at the crossroads of Brivibas and Stabu streets, on 61 Brivibas Street, – and is a historical and architectural monument of local importance. For many years, the building was abandoned and in a bad visual and technical condition. State Agency …

Continue reading

Tea House of the Eleja Manor Has Been Restored

Elejas muižas tējas namiņa dekoratīvie elementi pēc restaurācijas (2015. gads).

Eleja Manor Park in Jelgava district is a place for conducting events such as children’s holidays and District days. Construction works in the park had not been carried out for 100 years, since the devastating fire in the main building of the ensemble. So by 2015, only ruins remained from the Tea House and the …

Continue reading

Kurzeme District Court Has Regained its Light Colors

Kurzemes apgabaltiesas nams 011

Building of the Kurzeme District Court in Liepaja, on 2/6 Kurmajas Avenue is one of the brightest examples of Art Nouveau embodiment of the late XIX – early XX century in the city. It is also one of the most elegant projects implemented by AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators” in 2015. The courthouse returned its bright colors …

Continue reading

20 Years Passed After Restoration of Opera House

LNO-005

Latvian National Opera House on 3 Aspazijas Boulevard, without exaggeration, is one of the architectural symbols of the capital of Latvia. Opera traditions are present in Latvia from the XVIII century, when musical performances were staged at court of the Duke of Courland and wandering opera companies came to Riga. The first Latvian opera was …

Continue reading

After 150 Years Gertrude’s Fleurons are Restored

Krustapuku-uzstadisana-001

Today Evangelical-Lutheran Old St. Gertrude church is perceived mainly as a religious building by ones, as a historical monument of architecture by others, but some people just use it as a handy landmark in Riga. However, it would be a great difficulty to find at least one person in Latvia who did not know the …

Continue reading

Restoration of Hunting Tower in Remte

Restored Hunting Tower in Remte 001

In the early 19 century a politician of the Duchy of Courland and Zemgale Karl Johann Friedrich von Medem (1762-1827) built a castle and began to create a picturesque park area of ​​26 hectares in the village Remte, which is located about 40 km from the town of Tukums (near the lake Remtes). In subsequent …

Continue reading

Facade Repair in Riga, 6 Antonijas Street

Facade After Repair 001

Facade repair of the building of the current Court Administration in Riga, 6 Antonijas Street, was completed in October 2014. Works on the site were made by AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators” by the order of the state joint-stock company “Tiesu namu aģentūra” and in accordance with the project of the architect Kristine Grava. Built in 1889 …

Continue reading

Historical Kolonade Building Turns into a Restaurant

Kolonādes fasāde 001

Kolonade building is one of the most unusual in Riga. It is located in the heart of the city, on 26 Brivibas Boulevard – between the Freedom Monument, the famous clock “Laima” (where lovers usually meet), historical park Basteykalna and the National Opera House. A wooden kiosk in Art Nouveau on the project by August …

Continue reading

Palace “Ziemelblazma” Returned its Former Glory

Ziemeļblāzmas fasāde 008

Palace of Culture “Ziemelblazma” in Riga, on Ziemelblazmas Street 36, today is the cultural center of municipal and republican value, a sought after tourist site, a place for conduction of various events. The history of this building began in 1903, when Latvian industrialist and philanthropist Augusts Dombrovskis presented a parcel of land to the society …

Continue reading

Facade Restoration of the Kuldiga Region Museum

Facade of Kuldiga Region Museum building after restoration, which was carried out in 2009 by AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators”. (Photo: 2015.)

The Kuldiga Region Museum is located at the very waterfall on the rapids of the Venta River (Ventas rumba) – on the site where the Livonian Order сastle used to stand. Now the place has turned into a City Garden, and the museum building, raised in the beginning of the 20th century, which is located …

Continue reading