Another Facade at Dome Square’s Renewed

17 Šķūņu Street Restored Facade 009

Masters of the enterprise AS “Būvuzņēmums Restaurators” completed restoration of the house on 17 Šķūņu Street in October 2016. This residential building, located in the very heart of Old Riga (Dome Square), was built in 1787. Significantly, this house is a historic architectural monument, which is under the Latvian state protection. (Šķūņu Street 17th house before …

Continue reading

Restoration Has Changed the Aura of the Teter’s House

Tetera nams | Stūra māja

Teter’s House, also known as Corner House (former building of KGB in Latvia), is located at the crossroads of Brivibas and Stabu streets, on 61 Brivibas Street, – and is a historical and architectural monument of local importance. For many years, the building was abandoned and in a bad visual and technical condition. State Agency …

Continue reading

Tea House of the Eleja Manor Has Been Restored

Elejas muižas tējas namiņa dekoratīvie elementi pēc restaurācijas (2015. gads).

Eleja Manor Park in Jelgava district is a place for conducting events such as children’s holidays and District days. Construction works in the park had not been carried out for 100 years, since the devastating fire in the main building of the ensemble. So by 2015, only ruins remained from the Tea House and the …

Continue reading

20 Years Passed After Restoration of Opera House

LNO-005

Latvian National Opera House on 3 Aspazijas Boulevard, without exaggeration, is one of the architectural symbols of the capital of Latvia. Opera traditions are present in Latvia from the XVIII century, when musical performances were staged at court of the Duke of Courland and wandering opera companies came to Riga. The first Latvian opera was …

Continue reading

Palace “Ziemelblazma” Returned its Former Glory

Ziemeļblāzmas fasāde 008

Palace of Culture “Ziemelblazma” in Riga, on Ziemelblazmas Street 36, today is the cultural center of municipal and republican value, a sought after tourist site, a place for conduction of various events. The history of this building began in 1903, when Latvian industrialist and philanthropist Augusts Dombrovskis presented a parcel of land to the society …

Continue reading